Hollywood Pupil Council have found some research on the benefits of wearing slippers in school. It is supposed to help with concentration, behaviour and emotional well being. We asked the pupils and they unanimously voted to have a slipper day and carry out some research of our own to see if we agree. Pupils should bring their slippers or slipper socks along with them to school - if your child has neither they can bring an extra pair of old socks that you don’t mind getting a bit grubby. Please bear in mind that pupils will need shoes to wear outside during play/lunch times.
Thank you from Mrs Keegan.
Hollywood Primary School is taking part in anti-bullying week with fun activities, lesson, assemblies taking place throughout the week.
Anti-Bullying Week shines a spotlight on bullying and encourages all children, teachers and parents to take action against bullying throughout the year.
The theme this year is ‘Power for Good’ with the following key aims:
– support children and young people to use their Power for Good – by understanding the ways in which they are powerful and encouraging individual and collective action to stop bullying and create the best world possible.
– To help parents and carers to use their Power for Good – through supporting children with issues relating to bullying and working together with schools to stop bullying.
– To encourage all teachers, school support staff and youth workers to use their Power for Good – by valuing the difference they can make in a child’s life, and taking individual and collective action to prevent bullying and create safe environments where children can thrive.
If you would like further information, please click on this link http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/anti-bullying-week/
On Thursday 24th November at 9.00am we will be holding the first session of Couch to 5K running for parents and friends with support from a Run Birmingham coach. The programme will be a nine week course and we will have our own dedicated coach. He will support the group with follow up ideas and basic running advice including warming up, stretching and cooling down routines. In order that we can accommodate the correct number of runners can you please fill in the form at the foot of the newsletter.
- Rights Respecting Schools Award
- Daisy is coming to Hollywood!
- Den Day at Hollywood - Raised £539.38
- Paralympic Torch Relay at Hollywood